Duration: 09 days
Season: Mid June to September
Region: Shimla, Kinnaur, Spiti and Kullu – Manali
Maximum altitude: 4590 Mts. (Kunzum La)
Day 01: Arrive Shimla (2250 Mts.)
After arrival at Shimla you will be directly transferred to your hotel. On arrival check-in at hotel. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Shimla/ Sarahan (1920 Mts.) – 175 Kms
Travel from Shimla to Sarahan . On arrival check in hotel. Evening visit Bhimakali temple which is one of the 51 shaktipeeths of Hindu religion. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Sarahan/ Sangla (2680 Mts.) – 113 Kms
Travel from Sarahan to Sangla valley. Visit remote villages of Rackcham and Chitkul villages. On arrival in Sangla check in and overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Sangla/ Nako (3662 Mts.) – 128 Kms
Morning visit Kamru village and fort. Later travel from Sangla to Nako village beautifully located on banks of a small lake. On arrival check in hotel. Evening free to explore the village. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Nako/ Tabo / Kungri /Mud – 127 Kms
Travel from Nako to Mud enroute visiting Tabo Monastery The monastery is situated in the Spiti valley (an isolated valley with a total population of 10,000) above Tabo village on the left bank of the Spiti River. The valley as such is delimited by Ladakh in the north, Lahaul and Kullu districts in the west and south-east respectively, and by Tibet and the Kinnaur district in the east. It is located in a very arid, cold and rocky area at an altitude of 3,050 metres (10,010 ft). There is also an assembly hall in the caves and some faded paintings on the rock face. Also visit Kungri Gompa–Kungri is Spiti’s second oldest monastery, built around 1330. The gompa consists of three detached rectangular blocks facing east. Kungri recently received large foreign donations for its renovation. It is noted for its sword dance by the buzhens of Mud village on the right bank of the Pin River. Later arrive Mud village on arrival check in and overnight at guest house.
Day 06: Mud/ Kaza (3600 Mts.) – 86 Kms
Morning Enjoy a walk around Mud Village before traveling head to Kaza. Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small Gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: In Kaza
Morning visit Langza village situated at an altitude of 4400 meters is divided into 2 sections, namely Langza Yongma (Lower) and Langza Gongma (upper). This homogeneous Buddhist village belongs to the Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. The Lang is regarded as the headquarters of all the Devtas (deities) of the Spiti Valley. Hikkim is a village is one of the highest year-round inhabited locations in India, with residences from 4330 to 4400 meters. Komic village two km to the southeast has residences up to 4520 meters. Most of the people are Buddhists. The region remains cut off from other regions for half the year due to heavy snow fall over the passes. People use stones extensively to build houses and structures. Tangyud gompa Monastery is located near to this location. Dinner and over night at hotel.
Day 08: Kaza- Manali (2050 Mts)- 191 Kms
Travel from Kaza to Manali driving over Kunzam Pass (4558 m) & Rohtang Pass (3980 m) which provides beautiful views of CB ranges. Enroute pass through several villages of Spiti and Lahaul valley. Arrive Manali in the evening, on arrival check in at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09: Manali
Checkout after breakfast. End of your tour.
Note: Programme schedule can be changed due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances.
Vehicles used as:
- All travels by Innova/Xylo/Scorpio as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in good quality hotels/camp on twin sharing basis on MAP Plan as per the itinerary. (Rooms with breakfast and dinner only)
- Permit fee where ever applicable.
- All applicable taxes
Cost does not include:
- Transportation to reach Shimla and back to your destination. However, arrangements of travelling can be made on request.
- Any airfare.
- Tips for hotels / driver etc
- Camel ride in Nubra valley
- Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical Insurance.
- Any expenses of a personal nature.
- Beverages or drinks of any sort, including soft drinks or bottled / mineral water.
- Any charges to visit monument/ heritage buildings and photography or camera charges.
- Any transportation charges or transfers which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any charges for a manual or helicopter evacuation, hospitalisation in case of a medical emergency or the like.
- Unforeseen expenses beyond our control due to natural calamity / road block/ mechanical failure if any / uncertain strike / political disturbance etc.